Monday, December 29, 2008

Shred It.

My mom, a Fox News devotee, said her favorite channel did a story today on Grievance Day. According to someone newsworthy, Dec. 28 is the day to rid yourself of all negative energy from the previous year. You shred your overdue bill statements (after you pay them), forgive the people who hurt you and give yourself a fresh start for 2009.

Fox & Friends, which apparently had no other news to cover in the midst of a recession, broadcast live footage of large shredders in Times Square that were present for whomever's disposal of negative energy (the material kind).

It's a bit ridiculous, but the more I thought about it, the more it made me realize how much negative energy was still hanging in my life.

So here's to assholes, bad friends, back stabbers, jail sentences, unemployment, bad economies, war, distance between me and the people I love and high gas prices. I have a new year coming up, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Rest assured, this one will be better than the last.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't that what Festivus is for? The airing of grievances?