Monday, August 3, 2009

Wake Up.

Yeah, sure, so I can't sleep until 11 a.m. like some people. And most of the time, if I lay down for a nap, chances are I'm going to get antsy and get up to do the dishes or fold laundry after about 10 minutes.

So what? So I can't waste my days away sleeping. That doesn't mean that I don't hit the bed like a log at night, dream peaceful dreams and wake up all refreshed. Right?

Wrong.
So wrong.

I am officially an insomniac.
Or at least I have been for the past three weeks. It doesn't matter how tired I am, I'm up at 2:30 or 3 a.m., wondering what the hell I did wrong for God to suddenly stop letting me sleep through the night. I've never had this problem. Ever.

It's ridiculously frustrating, and I have a good idea why it's happening now.
King-sized beds are not meant to be slept in alone.

This deployment is affecting my sleep life, among other things.

1 comment:

Erin said...

From one insomniac to another - I'm sorry. Mine has come in waves for all of my life. Currently I'm on an upswing and not having to deal, but it will be back in no time. There is something that helps though: melatonin. It's a natural sleep aid and it actually works. It's not dangerous or addictive, and it's not scary like any of the other OTC stuff since it doesn't depress your respiratory system like Sleepinol, etc. does. You can even give it to dogs. Try taking around 5-6mg. You can probably find it at your local Guamanian K Mart.
Depression is never fun. Feel better soon.