Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If Dogs Could Talk.

Life would be much more interesting if I knew what certain things were thinking, like for example, dogs. I wish Penny could tell me why she squeals like a pig so much. And why Milk Bones are so good. And why in the world she won't play with tennis balls like all the other dogs.

I wish old homes could talk and tell me about all the families that grew up inside their walls.

I wish baseball fields and football fields could tell me about the best games they've seen and the best plays they've witnessed.

I wish my vintage cowboy boots could tell me whose feet made their home there before mine.

I wish roly-polys could tell me where they came from and how long it actually does take them to cross the street.

I wish birds and dolphins and lions in the zoo could tell me where they've been.

There's probably a reason why they don't. I just haven't figured it out yet.

No comments: